Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Been away for a while...

A little yellow forgive me I love coffee!

3/20/2013  

This is 14 months with my braces... It has been challenging. To be honest my first few months were the easiest and I had thought it would have been me hardest. I remember being so stoked and excited for what my teeth would look like later on... Which I still am but the excitement died down after having them so long. I had adjusted well and now they don't bother me as bad as they did a few months ago but I have my moments. I was just scrolling through all the photos I have taken over the years and looking at this one really shows how different my teeth are. Looking back they weren't as bad as I felt they were but my mouth was smaller. The image above shows how much they have spread out and I have yet to get the Rubber bands and final wire I get this coming visit, on Monday morning. I am excited for that because it will be my final stage of braces and I can have my mouth back! 

Okay soooo.... I finally got my first sore! it was on my tongue and it hurt way to much. took about 13 months before receiving one but I did :( and I pray I do not get another ever again. Made eating suck! and anything and everything that touched it killed! mainly the wire that had caused it in the first place. 

I only have had one bad thing happen to me from the dentist and process of braces and that was when they added the final bracket that gets placed on the back tooth towards the end of the cycle for the final thick wire....well about a month ago they put that on to get my mouth used to it and adjusted for my next visit... well!!!! the bracket had a hook on it that I told them was to close to my cheek.... He told me I would be okay.. but little did he know within just one evening it managed to dig a whole inside my mouth on my check and caused me to swell terribly and I went to the dentist right away the next day and my regular dentist was pretty angry with the ortho... He cut the hook gave me antibiotics and within a week I was healed... However, I still am afraid now when I go of what might happen but that should fade. Other then that I have had a good experience. 

Common phases I go through weekly:

1. " Ughhh I want them off!'
2."it takes to long to eat "ALL" the food including what is stuck between the wires!'
3."My teeth will be so pretty soon!"
4. " I look kind of cute in these"
5. Counting down the days tell they are off, Today it is "194" days and they are gone. OCTOBER!

Advantages to them:

1. You subconsciously take better care of your teeth
2. You are taking care of your sinus as well
3. A more confident Smile
4. Straight teeth
5. You stay away from hard damaging candy

Disadvantages:
1. Sores
2. Food gets stuck
3. Braces on photos ( Which to be honest I get complimented)
4. Cant feel your teeth with your tongue. 
5. Kissing can be hard when you are afraid of someone hitting them
6. Soccer is terrifying for me with these braces! I fear a ball hitting my mouth and cutting me up to much. 

Overall I am still so pleased I got them! They have been a blessing and I am very excited for October for when they are final. 


No comments:

Post a Comment