Friday, December 2, 2011

Dec. 2nd 2011

I do not have my braces on yet. But I am only a few weeks away from them being put on. I have my next appointment on Monday for my last cleaning and then that following Wednesday they will fill my cavities and I will be then set. I have to say the months I have put into considering braces have been exciting and very scary. Everyone I talk to about them all say they love them. I ask the typical question on wether or not I will still be attractive? I know we all think that before getting them. But the big reason why I asked was because I am 22 which is to me older than normal on getting braces. Usually they are on during high school, not college.
  I didn't get the chance to have them when I was younger and now that I work and get the benefits I told myself it was about time I do get them.

A little about my teeth. They aren't as bad as a lot of mouths when firth getting braces. I have pretty straight top teeth or so I think but my bottom are pretty crucial. My dentist says I will have them on for 12-18 months. To me that sounds like forever! But I know in a year I will look back and wish I did them. The reason I know this is because I already do that now. I asked for the ceramic ones but my dentist says I can only have those on the top but on the bottom I have to have traditional. Just so I don't ruin my top teeth by hitting them he stated. Most people who get ceramic all over usually are getting braces for the second time he stated. I am  hoping that it doesn't change how I look. You know the fear of your lips sticking out or food stuck in them. But then I think to myself why am I so concern about how I look with them when I am obviously getting them because I already don't like my teeth. :) A little humor on laughing at the insecurity behind it.

So I will either have them on right before or after Christmas. I am thinking right after? That way in my family photos I can do a before and after effect :), and what way to kick the new year off with a little change. Well I will post my before photo of me smiling before braces :) and then one right after I get them on. :) Be back shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment